Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Selena Adahn-Wildercress

Go down 
+14
thorogoodd
J. Jordan
Black Banana Party
Pat
Dominator046
PhoenixRhapsody
LawnJesus
Xeloras
Kain
Markka
Rutabega
Blitz
Munroe
noodle
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

Selena Adahn-Wildercress Empty
PostSubject: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Selena Adahn-Wildercress
Spoiler:

Some music here if you'd like.
Spoiler:

Our story begins in the forests of Sanctimonia, the small town of Lan, in a happy Elven household. After many months of childbearing the wife of a soldier gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. With praises to Sune, the new family celebrated the newborn’s arrival with a feast of venison and fresh wine. Over a period of about twenty years the girl apprenticed under her mother at the shrine of Selas and travelled out in the woods and trained in melee from her father. One day a rather talented mage set up shop in Lan, his name was Munroe Poliski, late thirties, medium brown hair and the most gorgeous blue eyes. Within a few weeks they were together and he was teaching her fulgurmancy. Over the next eighty or so years things went south for Munroe, he became sickly and frail and died from old age. In depression Selena resorted to continuous prayer, and she was given a vision,  described by her in the following journal entry that was left to her mother and father.
Quote :
Last night I was visited in a dream by the Goddess of the Moon, Selas, and was given purpose. I am to journey to Surna and learn the stories of the locals; to live among them and prepare myself for a second vision from my mistress. I leave this evening, under the cover of night.

To ashes the rest of this book was sent. For the secrets of the Priesthood of Selas belong, and always have belonged to those of it. Praise to the Mistress of the Night, Praise to the Priesthood.
So, the twenty-seven year old Selena Wildercress set off for Surna in the middle of the night. With her family's shortsword in hand and clothed in robes and a fresh journal in her satchel. Upon her arrival to Surna she was surprised by the bustling city life and became disoriented by the hordes of street vendors and beggars on the cobblestone streets. The storefronts were many and the taverns innumerable, but she found a nice friendly inn, The Crook and Horns. This is where her story truly begins...

Equipment:

1x Dawnsteel Cuirass
Spoiler:

2x Light White Iron Shortswords
Spoiler:

1x Argentium Mask
Spoiler:

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Journal
Spoiler:

Statistics and Attributes
Spoiler:

Proficiencies
Spoiler:
Fighting Styles
Spoiler:

Skills
Spoiler:

Forgings
Battle-Dress
Spoiler:

Last edited by noodle on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:19 pm; edited 36 times in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:04 pm

So Selas, God of the Moon, the Night, and Shooting Stars, commanded Selena to travel to Surna and have sex with women.

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:21 pm

hey kind of like a tzeentchite only not really and completely and openly a cyber character in the bio.

hm.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Munroe wrote:
So Selas, God of the Moon, the Night, and Shooting Stars, commanded Selena to travel to Surna and have sex with women.

Interesting.

That's really more of a Sune thing, isn't it.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:18 pm

So Munroe, God of Dumbass comments, misinterpretations and complete desperateness commanded you to come to this page and be Munroe?

Interesting.
Love you anyways.

You do realize love and sex are two different things right?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 pm

noodle wrote:
You do realize love and sex are two different things right?

One usually follows the other.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Honestly all I mind here is if the lore checks out. Can't really complain about the magic and melee, really.

Also the page looks nice :D

and we will never be able to banish cybering
ever
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:50 pm

The only thing that I find questionable she's purty don't judge me ;-; is the shadow magic. As far as I know, you'd have to follow Shar to be attuned to her shadow weave, which flows alongside the one created by Mystra(?).

Also, lack of melee training keeps her from being Miss T.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Markka wrote:
The only thing that I find questionable she's purty don't judge me ;-; is the shadow magic. As far as I know, you'd have to follow Shar to be attuned to her shadow weave, which flows alongside the one created by Mystra(?).

Yes, Shadow magic is exclusive to Shar followers.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Markka wrote:

I can only name one exception: He-who-must-not-be-named. The prince of darkness.

That's right.

Ozzy Osbourne.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:54 am

Rutabega wrote:
Markka wrote:

Yeah, I was talking to Pat about that and he said that Selas followers have access to a spell that uses pure moonlight and that acts like silver and that I would have the ability to see in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Administrator
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 am

That would be divine magic from worshiping Selas then, not Shadow magic. Those are two really different things.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:03 am

Xeloras wrote:
That would be divine magic from worshiping Selas then, not Shadow magic. Those are two really different things.

This has been realized and Im changing it now, as long as adding my first journal entry and getting rid of the lesbianism.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus
Giant Scrub
LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:25 am

I want to stomp your signature.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:30 am

Krug wrote:
Also the page looks nice :D

Thanks! ^-^
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:05 am

LawnJesus wrote:
I want to stomp your signature.

Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:27 am

I find this to be a pleasing character, though I will admit that characters who have undefined, but quite notable, skill in melee and who use magic draw me to pause; how does your character fight? How conditioned is she for battle? Can she fight groups, single combat, royales, or a mixture of the three? Does she have the heart to kill?

Aside from those questions, I am very happy with the app as I see it. I see a lot of intricacy drawn into its format, and a great deal of effort into portraying your character in the application as she would be in roleplay; this is something I heavily enjoy seeing.

One last question I have is this; she carries the stuff of scribes, an inkwell and good quills could easily fetch you work in older times, with those who speak various languages, and write them skillfully, were quite valued. Does she know calligraphy, or multiple languages? These are things that have been useful in the past in character, and sometimes it helps to know these things in advanced; as well, it opens side employment for your character, should she need gold to further her spiritual journey.

I would like to see the points I mentioned answered to, but I must say, as it stands now, I have no problem lending you a pending status, I will keep up on this frequently; the primary concern of mine is the first; melee and magic together, left unchecked, can easily overpowered characters make.

Then again, I am a scrublet, my word carries little weight, if any at all.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:42 am

Dominator046 wrote:

On the contrary, I believe a well worded argument from a scrub outweighs the poorly worded ramblings of an oldfag.

EDIT: Inb4 poorly worded counter post
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:24 am

Dominator046 wrote:
I find this to be a pleasing character, though I will admit that characters who have undefined, but quite notable, skill in melee and who use magic draw me to pause; how does your character fight? How conditioned is she for battle? Can she fight groups, single combat, royales, or a mixture of the three? Does she have the heart to kill?

First off, she uses magic in a way similar to the way some characters use ranged weapons as well as melee, magic is her primary and is used for ranged fighting and the melee is for close encounters. As for conditioning, she is fine with killing anything non-human, save therianthropes, she will kill people if she is in danger, but generally has a peaceful attitude.
As for your question about groups, single combat, and royales.

Groups - Possibly, this does depend on what the group is, like she could probably take on two or three goblins.
Single Combat - Yes, Most everyone can take on a solitary enemy, she could probally take on a shade though, with Selas' divine magic.
Royales - Yes, It's not really that hard to take on an enemy in a group, the added sense of security and morale from being together would prove decisive in a victory.

I will add the above about Groups, Singles, and Royales to my page.

Dominator046 wrote:
Aside from those questions, I am very happy with the app as I see it. I see a lot of intricacy drawn into its format, and a great deal of effort into portraying your character in the application as she would be in roleplay; this is something I heavily enjoy seeing.

Thanks! I always thought it'd be interesting to keep a journal on all of my roleplaying. It helps me remember what I've done and what I've learned.

Dominator046 wrote:
One last question I have is this; she carries the stuff of scribes, an inkwell and good quills could easily fetch you work in older times, with those who speak various languages, and write them skillfully, were quite valued. Does she know calligraphy, or multiple languages? These are things that have been useful in the past in character, and sometimes it helps to know these things in advanced; as well, it opens side employment for your character, should she need gold to further her spiritual journey.

I now realize the opportunities for a side business of scribing, but she does not know any other languages seeing as how she's lived in Sanctimonia all her life.

Dominator046 wrote:
I would like to see the points I mentioned answered to, but I must say, as it stands now, I have no problem lending you a pending status, I will keep up on this frequently; the primary concern of mine is the first; melee and magic together, left unchecked, can easily overpowered characters make.

No worries, I'm not gonna go around blasting people with spells and hacking at everything. As I mentioned before, the magic is used as a primary and for ranged and melee is secondary and for close encounters, I doubt the two can be used in conjunction with each other.

Dominator046 wrote:

It's fine, you did a good job bringing up some vague points, and I'm always happy to get input.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:40 am

I see, well then, knowing this much, I believe I can give you my acceptance. I am trying to picture a particular melee fighting style for this character, but perhaps it'll be a pleasant surprise when I find out In Character. = )
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:14 am

I was thinking of her being an agile type melee fighter who uses shortswords and daggers.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:23 am

noodle wrote:
I was thinking of her being an agile type melee fighter who uses shortswords and daggers.

There are many ways to fight like that. = ) But I believe I have an idea of how she'll play, I'll just have to sit back and find out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:37 am

Dominator wrote:

It carries more weight than you give it credit for. :3
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:41 am

So Krug, any feedback on it now?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:46 am

Well shit, why not?

I reserve the right to pending if someone jumps out of nowhere and points out a glaring flaw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selena Adahn-Wildercress   Selena Adahn-Wildercress Empty

Back to top Go down

Selena Adahn-Wildercress
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next