Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sector Trading Post

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

Sector Trading Post Empty
PostSubject: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:45 am

Sector Trading Post

Sector Trading Post Basestar

Aged and wear visible, this converted mining station has survived galactic wars and weather for decades without proper repairs. This trade station was maintained by a crew of black marketeers and hired guns in lawless space to keep goods flowing in the surrounding sectors. The station was guarded with a few rail guns and pirate vessels docked on cargo elevators, the defense guns seem melted away and the pirate vessels had their crews sucked into space.

What is most notable to the first time observer is what looks like a new wing to the station, a private hangar built with high quality metal. The bay doors appears sealed shut and is possibly for VIPs only.

Any hope of getting in and investigating is to board the station by transport craft in one of the many public docks.

Last edited by Gambit on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:31 pm

SECTOR TRADING POST

CAPTAIN FURARCH

===

Three Amundi ships warp in near the station, and suddenly go dark soon afterwards. After a few minutes, they light back up after brief panics from the three ships. They still don't know exactly how to operate the machines properly, but they are learning. They gaze at the station from their ships. The Amundi Capital Ship is half the size of an average Capital Ship, and the accompanying ships are 2/3's the size of the Capital Ship. Captain Furarch of the Capital Ship Hughis Aerlis contacts the two accompanying ships via radio. "There's the thing we saw with our probes, it looks like a station!" He exclaims excitedly. They attempt to make radio contact with the station, before realizing they can't understand anything they're getting. Confused, they begin to orbit the station, unsure of how to continue besides observing it for information.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Coming in quickly and zooming past the Amundi ships, a lone cruiser appears from the void of space and nearly collides with the small Amundi vessels. The Directive saw the space was clear during the Amundi's black out but quickly recover with majority of the help coming from the advanced AI system on board. Unsure about the origin of the alien ships, the guns begin to heat up but stay dormant.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:53 pm

SECTOR TRADING POST

CAPTAIN FURARCH

===

Captain Furarch is surprised by the sudden appearance of the ship, saying into his radio on an open channel. "You almost hit us you lunatic!" In the Amundi tongue. He isn't sure how to approach the larger ship. "We can see weapons on that ship." Says one of the people working at the consoles of the ship. Captain Furarch weighs his options. "Don't fire on them unless they fire on us." He says. The only things they're sure of on all the ships is the railguns. They're a much smaller caliber than the ones on the cruiser though. Captain Furarch loudly says "We're from the Amundi Federation, explain yourself!" on an open channel, through the radio. Again, it's in the Amundi tongue, as Captain Furarch currently knows no other language.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:01 pm

The Saerid Directive's radios stay quiet, not understanding the dialect the Amundi language. The cruiser's ship engines come to a halt and drift through space toward the trading station. The railguns on the ship do not fire but instead begin to slowly power down, seeing how the alien ship is not taking hostile action against them. The units aboard the ship do not know what to do but break their silence and transmit a series of numbers. The resulting numbers are coordinates in a sector of space. Should the Amundi follow them, it would lead to the League of Stars.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:07 pm

SECTOR TRADING POST

CAPTAIN FURARCH

===

Captain Furarch looks at the numbers curiously. "Decipher this cryptic message." He says to a nearby Amundi on a console. He nods and begins to work on the console. After a few minutes, he looks up at the captain. "I believe they're co-ordinates, this could be a trap. We've noticed their weapons powering down, so this could be an invitation. It's your call captain."

Captain Furarch spends a good ten minutes considering the options. "We're going to jump to the co-ordinates immediately, but this time please try to avoid another black out after warping!" He shouts at another Amundi on a console.

The three Amundi ships disappear from the station's proximity, jumping to the location of the League of Stars.
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:51 am

The Saerid Directive returns to its previous powered state and hovers over to a free landing pay and attempts to dock after relaying the coordinates to the unknown alien craft. that led them to the League of Stars.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:44 pm

SECTOR TRADING POST

CAPTAIN FURARCH

===

Three Amundi ships warp back to the Trading Station. The Capital Ship, Hughis Aerlis, and two accompanying cruisers. All the ships are about half the size of average ships of the same class. They approach the station, sending mathematical messages to the station, attempting to request boarding. They aren't exactly sure how to approach the situation, or how the station will react, so they are all on edge, weapons ready to go. Unfortunately, it might take a while before they can warp again, they've been aggressively using the technology ever since they got a hold of it.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:13 pm

The station lied dead, no signals or lights. There is visible damage to the station but pirate ships drift around the station having been torn apart by energy weapons. This can be seen by the scorch marks left around impacts.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 am

SECTOR TRADING POST

CAPTAIN FURARCH

===

"Sir, the station appears to be devoid of life." An Amundi says to Captain Furarch in Amundish. Captain Furarch furrows his brow, looking at the scene of destroyed ships and damage to the station.

"Send in a ground team to investigate further, stay ready for an ambush." Captain Furarch commands.

A shuttle prepares to leave the Hughis Aerlis with 5 Amundi foot militia equipped with spacesuits and their compact gauss guns. Accompanying the 5 foot militia is a leader of the group, having the same equipment, but he also has a radio to contact the ships. They all board the shuttle and head for the nearest entrance they can get into.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 am

One of the hub docks remains mostly intact. The shuttle is capable of docking but due to a lack of power, no atmosphere or artificial gravity can be activated on the station. Upon docking, the entry doors are sealed shut and require hydraulics to pry them open, or a shape charge.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:58 am

SECTOR TRADING POST

GUIDE JESKIAR

===

Jeskiar and his group get out of their craft slowly, careful in the zero-gravity environment of floating debris. Jeskiar looks at the sealed doors and floats over to it. He pulls an explosive charge out of his backpack, molding it onto the door and putting a blast cap on it. He sets the explosive for about a Bashton minute, and clamber back into their craft.

After about 120 seconds, the molded charge detonates. The Amundi explosives aren't as precise as C4, and they're less stable, but it should atleast open a hole small enough for them to get in.

Last edited by thorogoodd on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:49 pm

[OOC:] Misunderstanding of my writing, the doors airlock doors were sealed. You've landed, but the doors are sealed to gain entry. Edit your post and we'll continue.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:18 pm

The cold steel material of the doors fracture with the detonation sending fragments in different directions. The larger steel like pieces bounce around the room as an entry way is cleared. Upon getting near the door and shining a light inside, a body of a human male that has been burned severely floats by.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:49 pm

SECTOR TRADING POST

GUIDE JESKIAR

===

Jeskiar looks at the corpse, looking at the scientist of the exploration group before saying "Is this corpse useable?" The scientist would drift over to the corpse. "Maybe for internal study, but externally it's useless...maybe we can find a better one further in." On that note, they begin to drift into the station, examining their surroundings. They pick up anything they haven't seen before, putting the objects in sealed containers. This would include narcotics, as the Amundi don't have narcotics on their homeworld.

They would bring corpses of different races to the shuttle, putting them in a flash-freezer designed to preserve organic materials. There would be Amundi inside the shuttle, carefully packaging the things brought to them inside sealed containers designed to absorb shock and impact, as well as sealing the objects from anything ranging from water to wave-lengths of energy.(radiation, magnetic, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 pm

The station has various bodies of different species floating about, all seem to be extremely pale. Rigor mortis has set into the bodies, the signs of oxygen deprivation are prevalent by the nail marks on their necks as they gasped for air. Upon further examination, the attackers clearly targeted the gravity and life support controls to kill the occupants from the outside.

Deeper inside the station is crates of goods from all parts of the galaxies. One specific area has guns floating about, clearly the arms trading area. They are all basic kinetic weapons, and some rudimentary plasma based weapons.

The station is now under Amundi control. All that is left is the few pirate vessels that drift about.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 am

SECTOR TRADING POST

GUIDE JESKIAR

===

Jeskiar radios back to Captain Furarch. "We have secured the station. I believe it is worth rebuilding. We'll need more shuttles to transport all the goods back to Bashton for further analysis." Captain Furarch nods with a grin hidden in the shadow of his hood. "Good," He says. "We'll send more shuttles and more militia, as well as engineers to repair the station. We'll start by repairing the section you're in now. We'll work at the station piece-by-piece." Jeskiar nods. "I'll begin organizing the efforts."

Shortly after the radio communications, more shuttles full of engineers and militia from the ships unload into the station, getting to work securing the station further, and repairing it. They focus on sealing the station up again, and then work on the life-support and gravity systems. The militia also help load the goods into the shuttles, which are loaded into one of the two cruisers to be later transported back to Bashton. The three ships form a patrol around the perimeter of the station to guard it.

Last edited by thorogoodd on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Sealing the station only takes a few hours. Inside, the carbon dioxide scrubbers seem to be exhausted of their chemical compound and requires replenishment or system overhauls. The main computer controller of gravity and life-support has been melted from the station altogether and requires a lot of rewiring and programming to become functional.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:32 pm

SECTOR TRADING POST

GUIDE JESKIAR

===

Jeskiar nods as the engineers and mechanics report their findings. He radios to Captain Furarch. "We need replacement parts for this station, or a total re-working of it's systems. The engineers in here are going to send up what they need." Captain Furarch looks at the various components necessary for the station, a lot of which are just bigger versions of what's on their ships. He nods approvingly. "I'll send this information with the loaded cruiser when they head back to Bashton to unload. Then they can come back with a full load of replacement parts and various other tools and equipment to suit our needs." He says back to Jeskiar. "Until the cruiser comes back, continue doing what you can to seal the ship and repair what you can in the meantime." He then cuts off. They finish loading a decent quantity of the items they deem important onto the cruiser. The cruiser then warps back to Bashton.

After several hours of repairing and working on the station, the cruiser comes back. Shuttles begin unloading all the replacement parts, mostly in pieces, onto the station. They are taken, piece-by-piece, via small carts that can fit in the hallways and doorways of the station. The Amundi engineers and mechanics quickly get to work replacing the stations components to get atleast portions of the station up-and-running.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Upon investigation, the nuclear generator that powered the station has been ripped from its sockets and is completely gone. There are marks that it was dragged to the VIP hangar bay, which is completely empty and has pristine cleanliness. Whatever was in this bay was cleared out, fast.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm

SECTOR TRADING POST

GUIDE JESKIAR

===

Jeskiar stands with his arms crossed, looking at the large gap where the nuclear generator was, an engineer talking in his ear about the expense of getting a new generator in place. Jeskiar pulls out his radio, contacting Captain Furarch. "The nuclear generator is missing...we're either going to need to spend a lot of money for a new one, or find a different power-source."

Captain Furarch ponders the idea curiously. "For now work with the smaller generators you brought, I'll relay this information to Bashton with the next cruiser trip."

After hours of loading more goods onto the cruiser, it goes back to Bashton. Suddenly, Captain Furarch gets a subspace radio message. His ship is able to receive them, but not send them. He listens closely. "We have begun development of some prototype designs for power sources, in the meantime the station will remain unpowered. Whoever took the first generator is determined and skilled as they didn't set it off. We don't want to set off another such incident with another nuclear generator."

Captain Furarch considers the message, nodding. He radios down to Jeskiar. "We aren't going to put a new generator in there, apparently scientists on Bashton are working on a new prototype power-source of some kind. We'll see what comes out of it. For now, just keep doing what you can."

So they do, they continue to work on the station as they are able to without the generator.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:04 pm

The rest of the station is rather uninteresting, barracks, storage, mess hall. The station would gain value with a power source, a temporary source could be the pirate ship fuel cells.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd
Monthly Bather
thorogoodd

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:06 am

SECTOR TRADING POST

GUIDE JESKIAR

===

They managed to use power cells from nearby destroyed ships to power the station.

(I accidentally fucked up this post but that's basically what happened.)

Last edited by thorogoodd on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:48 am

With the power restored, there seems to be a glitch in the systems to keep the fire alarms frozen in the on position. Station will be able to have enough power to get a larger power source and repair the support systems of the station.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sector Trading Post   Sector Trading Post Empty

Back to top Go down

Sector Trading Post
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next