Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. Empty
PostSubject: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 5:53 am

This is my proposal for a whole new country and area, somewhere to fill a blank in the map that possibly hasn't already been set up with clear lore. It's basic, but if accept and given a subsection of lore on the forums I promise to expand on it.

Basically it entails the great plainlands of Dyyivortzyem (divi-vort-chem), the Arushyika (A-roosh-yih-ka) a slavic based human ethnicity, and their oppressive kingdom, Pycheko (Pyeh-cheh-koh).

The Dyyivortzyem greenlands.

Spoiler:

[Exact position of area to be determined], there lies a vast expanse of plain lands, rich with black soil perfect for farming. Dominated by 3 major rivers that run through it. On the outskirts of the plains, it seems almost dormant of any civilization. There's nothing to be seen but tall grass, grazing bovines, wolves and coyotes, prairie dogs, etc. But as one would venture further in, they would find small villages and dirt roads. These villages seem to be outside of any sort of governing force, not having more than 40-50 people inhabiting them. The further one would venture in, the larger the villages would get. However, they would not be more developed in any shape or form. Maybe have a few more cows than the last one, but by no means no more technologically advanced.

Finally, one would come to the rivers. The 3 rivers that dance around the plains support many cities and a great number of people. It is here that the farming thrives in combination of the rivers and the rich black soil. From the cities bellow black smoke from the industrial centers and factories.

To the southwest lies a thick swampland, that few inhabit. It is dominated by the semi-sentient Minotaur, which the local nation is having a large problem with. The swampland is a dangerous area because of these animals, along with the war being waged there to take it from them.

To the north lies a small coastline where trade and commerce can flow through. There are cities here, but not as large and developed as the ones on the 3 rivers.

The Arushyika, culture and life style.

The beautiful Dyyivortzyem greenland is home to the Arushyika, a human ethnic group. Their translates roughly to "People of the plains". They speak Aru, a language class completely seperate from that of Occitanian or Common, containing fewer than 500 similar words or phrases. Arushyikan are usually dark haired people, with some blonde in their genes. They have a long history of sorrow and pain. Originally a very barbaric and primitive society, as they developed they had to cope with peasantry and serfdom farming, war, and greed of their leaders. On the outskirts of the plains lie villages that are outside of the Kingdom's government, but also out of its protection. The outskirts of the plains are wrought with bandits and horseback riding raiders, thought to be remnants of the "barbarism" that the Arushyika originated from.

People inside of the territory of Pycheko are subject to brutal farming quotas and even more brutal punishments for not bringing those quotas to fruition. Further inside the territory are the river-cities. They are dominated by slums and industrial centers, but always with a rich/government district that stands out like a jewel in mud.

Arushyika are not unfamiliar to magic, and with the new government's laws it has been bound to daily life. Those who practice magic are forced into conscription, to special factories that produce enchanted weapons and armor, or into other arms of the government. Once a proud tradition and respected class, the magic-practicing Arushyika are now almost a slave class, yet glorified for their ability to help the great nation with their powers.

Finally, the people do not seem to have any real unified religion. Any beliefs from their barbaric time have long been forgotten, and some religions have made an influence on this "heretical" land. But the government bars most missionaries and religious groups from entering and setting up places of worship, so finding one for a god, any god really, is quite hard.

The Republic of Pycheko.

The oppressive nation rose from the ashes of the serfdom that lied before it. At first, it seemed great. It seemed that at last, the Arushyika would be free of slavery and oppression. Finally, the government corruption had ended.

But, as you guessed, it didn't last. The government set up a strict farming quota, and if you didn't follow it you wouldn't be heard from again. They set up a high conscription rate, if you could walk and talk and carry a rifle or a sword, you were most likely heading to the swamp lands unless they needed you in the factory. Under the guise of a "higher life style", magic users and non human races were enslaved and put to work in farms, factories, and on the front line. The development of cities was no longer a focus, instead palaces, parks, and monuments of generals and the king were erected. Factories and farms were expanded and living in the slums were considered to be the normal way of life. Crime rose and prisons and penal units of the army were formed. Political prisoners, "subversive elements", criminals, and people who attempted to leave the nation were put in these.

Spoiler:

The Kingdom started off it's rule with a new war. The war of the Minotaur, in the southwest swamp lands. The minotaur are a bipedal race of semi-sentient, savage "goatmen". They are extremely territorial, do not respond to attempts to communicate, and it seems that they will never leave the swamps on their on will. So the Kingdom did it's best, and threw whole divisions of conscripts at them. The army is poorly equipped and trained, and all they have is numbers. Their best weapon against the Minotaur are the newly developed "Golemskayas", the Arushyikan army's golem. They are produced in magic-user enslaving factories, and the army currently has around 50 on the front line.

Yet even though the war rages on, it seems that not even new inventions like the Golemskaya can push the stubborn Minotaur from their home. A general commented on their defense of their homeland,"I respect the Minotaur, for it reminds me of our people. Never will we let anyone rule our homeland.. that is why I wish we'd never started this war with them."

The kingdom has open relations to the other nations and governing bodies of the world, and will lie right in their faces about domestic issues most of the time. Because of this, many people trying to leave the kingdom are turned away and disregarded as "criminals of Pycheko taking refuge in our great nation!", and are sent back to where they came.

The Kingdom seems to have control over all aspects of life, and the people are dying (literally in some cases) to leave their "beloved homeland".

Last edited by Blitz on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:23 am

The font is almost unreadable. Could you change it to something brighter?
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Did away with the color.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:20 pm

I am actually quite eager to see this put into the lore. It could be a good expansion, in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:11 am

Krug wrote:
I am actually quite eager to see this put into the lore. It could be a good expansion, in my eyes.

So its like Solstheim.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:26 am

what?
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:32 am

pat and xel lalala.

I have many ideas for this lorrerererererererere this is just a basic look at my idea.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:31 pm

I REFUSE TO GO UNNOTICED! POST CRITICISM, COMMENTS, AND COMPLAINTS ON THIS THREAD.

right MEOW
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:14 pm

I don't see a problem with this at all.

And judging from the overall lack of comments I doubt anyone else has any problems.

just dont send any hind mans at me blitz u derp
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:11 pm

WE INVENTED THE AIR-BALLOON HIND.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:59 pm

my accep, because I'm a sucker for new races, and because they're Russian.
get at me vdv
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:15 am

i'm willing to mold the lore in any way to fit aeria
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:43 pm

hello. zyvdraste.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:05 am

Just accept this already. We've got Germans, we've got Sand People, no reason we can't have slavs.

Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:09 pm

Sorry for not looking at this earlier.

Alright, this seems fine. The most likely location for this people would be in the Wastes, somewhere far to the northwest of Occitan and north of the mountains that separate Sanctimonia, Sida, and the Talibarian Remnant from the Wastes.

Being in the Wastes means they would probably have to deal with the Blight. Blight would be a pervasive infection that afflicts both the land and people. It can infect crops, water sources, forests, people, and the very earth. They might also suffer incursions from Blight-Casters, and Blight-Corrupted people and beasts.

This could actually be a pretty big nation, if you want. Spanning from north of the Sidan-Waste mountains and bordering the Occitanian nation states, perhaps. It would certainly fill things in, adding another nation to interact with the others.

How long do you figure this nation's existed?

Last edited by Pat on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Blight sounds shockingly like the Scourge from Warcraft, just saying.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Zaku wrote:

Well, I've never played any of the Warcraft games, and The Blight originates from Psyche's character Ossus. I'm not aware of any influence the Scourge may have played.

Also, edited my post slightly.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:31 pm

I like your suggestion for the lore pat, I accept your region ideas and the problems of blight. I'll just have to learn more about it, is there a thread detailing it?

Also, I'd say the country has been around for 50 years, rather young. The Arushyikan are relatively new to this whole "entire ethnicity united under one nationality and one governing body" idea, considering for most of their history they have been backwards. Pycheko did not arise from a single overthrown serf-kingdom, but a series of city-states and serf-kingdoms that claimed fragments of the land, so this is their first real country.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Here you go.

It's slightly outdated, and I don't think it details much about the Blight as a disease. But the Blight can basically infect almost anything, including the very ground. It's not 'infectious' like other diseases - it's only spread by direct contact. Drinking or eating tainted water or food, I think, would be fatal, or corrupt the individual. I'm going out on a limb to say that being infected by the Blight would make you fall under the control of Ossus, or more specifically, his Blight-Casters, and can cause rapid, extensive mutations. Psyche can accept or deny this, as it's his lore.

Also not covered on that page is that Ossus himself has been magically imprisoned in his sanctum in the deep north of the wastes.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Thank you. Also, is this an acceptable addition?
(master ms painter)

The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. Scaled.php?server=440&filename=pycheko

Back to top Go down
Psyche
Keeper of the Thunderboner, Protector of the Hatefuck Chalice
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Zaku wrote:

the scourge turned people undead
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:13 am

My last question is if blight is a visible infection and if people who aren't blight casters are able to be killed like normal people.

Back to top Go down
Psyche
Keeper of the Thunderboner, Protector of the Hatefuck Chalice
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:34 am

Blight isn't a disease, so instead of infecting people it just eats people.

Also I don't know if the nation should be encompassing the entire passage from mapped Aeria to the Wastes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:41 am

It's an old map anyway, I'm sure changes can be made.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Vengaboy
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:02 am

Anything can be changed to make it fit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.   The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland. Empty

Back to top Go down

The nation of Pycheko, Arushyika people, and the Dyyivortzyem greenland.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next