Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rules 2.0

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:42 pm

I. General
Quote :

A. General
Quote :
B. Forums
Quote :
C. Server
Quote :
II. Conduct
Quote :

A. General
Quote :
B. Forums
Quote :
C. Server
Quote :
III. Roleplay
Quote :

A. General
Quote :
B. Forums
Quote :
C. Server
Quote :
IV. Lore
Quote :

A. General
Quote :

1. Use

Quote :
a. A source of lore outside of Aeria's official compilation of lore does not hold weight and can be rescinded or modified at the discretion of the Administration.

2. Additions

Quote :
a.

3. Modifications

Quote :
a.
B. Forums
Quote :
C. Server
Quote :

1. Use

Quote :
a. All lore in use on the Server must be present and officially accepted on the Forums within the Librarium.

b. Use of lore

2. Additions

Quote :
a. Players may not add use

3. Modifications
Quote :
a.

V. Staff Interaction

Quote :

A. General
Quote :
B. Forums
Quote :
C. Server
Quote :

VI. Punishment and Arbitration

Quote :

A. General
Quote :
B. Forums
Quote :
C. Server
Quote :
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:43 pm

this'll be the new format and overall body of our rules

can't think of a better way to organize it than quotes. *shrug*

Anyway, let us begin fleshing out the rules so we'll have a handy dandy "This is why" guide
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Already I can say that this is too complicated. Rules should be streamlined and simple. We don't need 6 categories of rules, who's going to read all of that?
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Kain: btw, regarding our rules. i realize it can be more streamlined, but right now, i'd prefer completeness over that.
Kain: i read through the current rules and they feel really vague, something you can argue over
Kain: they're not all that professional
Kain: hm. i should post that.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Offtopic question: Are these forums still open to everyone?
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Nope, closed them off.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:26 pm

hrhr. okay, should probably make it more streamlined. Lots of stuff happening, so I feel kind of dumb for not getting to this, but I will.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:10 am

Here is an edited version of the rules I wrote up for Aspect RP. They're a bit unrefined, but they could make a good base.

Quote :
I. SERVER

1. Use common sense. This is one of the most important rules. If you have no common sense, you won't last long.

2. OOC racism, sexism, antisemitism, or any such kind of discrimination is strictly forbidden. Racial slurs intended to hurt, flaming, trolling, and such things that offend others will not be tolerated.

3. Role-Play is to be done fairly, respectably, and maturely. E-Drama of any kind is frowned upon. Any problems with something In-Server or in general are to be discussed on the forums in the proper section, or with an admin.

4. Do not use OOC, Local or Global, excessively. OOC should not be cluttered with arguing (see rule 2). This rule is enforced by raising the OOC delay. That should provide a clear warning. If it persists, you will be kicked.

5. Sexually explicit Role-Play:
- Is banned from the forums and server. Should a sexual situation arise, you are asked to fade-to-black (FTB), which basically means to fast forward to a point in time after the act.
- Must be handled maturely, and be plausible.
- Must be consensual. Rape is allowed, but only with explicit OOC consent.
- Must not be done in such a way that it is taken to be disturbing and/or horrific in nature. Things such as child molestation, bestiality, gore, etc. can get you banned for a very long time.
Breaking this rule will get you banned. No sexual content.

6. Keep IC and OOC separate. If your character suddenly knows something he or she couldn't possibly know because you do, that's called "metagaming". Cases of metagaming will be retconned (erased).

7. Do not powerplay. Powerplaying is forcing actions on someone else without their consent, or "playing to win". When in combat, /mes should be in the form of attempts, like "/me tries to his such-and-such with his sword." It helps if your character isn't a Mary Sue and/or extremely powerful. RP is not about who is the strongest.

8. Respect admins and their decisions, especially if it involves you. If you think an admin is being unreasonable or even abusive, post a complaint or talk to another admin.

9. Do not take matters into your own hands if you are not an admin. Killing minges will get you nowhere, and flaming them is equally pointless. The best thing to do if you see a minge is attempt to teach him the rules. If that fails, report him to an admin via SF or a forum PM. Try to grab the person's SteamID by entering the "status" command into the console.

10. No abbreviations (lol, omg, etc.), smiley faces, or l33t 5p34k in-character. People don't talk like that in real life, and the /me command exists for describing a character's actions and emotions.

II. ADMINS

1. Get both sides of a story before reaching a verdict. Do not play favorites.

2. Accept other people's differences. You're here to enforce the rules, not your personal beliefs. Never use your power to manipulate or coerce people.

4. Accept the responsibility that comes with your power. Don't let it go to your head.

5. Maintain your cool, even when things get hard to handle. Be rational, and above all else, be patient.

6. Be active. There's no point in being an enforcer when you're not around to enforce.

7. Be dedicated. Do everything in your power to keep people happy and keep unruly players in line. Help when help is needed, and follow all of the rules to the best of your ability.

8. Admins are not exempt from applications. They must go through the same approval process as any other player.

9. If someone is behaving improperly, it is recommended you follow this procedure: Verbal Warning->Kick->Small ban->Large ban->Permanent ban. A permaban is not to be taken lightly; it is the maximum punishment.

III. TOOL TRUST

1. Do not build anything overly large, or that uses excessive amounts of props and constraints. Abusing the toolgun will get your TT revoked.

2. All structures and contraptions must have something to do with the RP. This isn't sandbox.

3. Building should be done out of the way, off the server if possible. Use the Advanced Duplicator to load up your contraptions.

4. Do not abuse the physics gun. Hitting people with props, lifting objects larger than ICly possible, prop-surfing, and any OOC use is prohibited, depending on the circumstances.

IV. FORUMS

1. Be respectful and mature. You're expected to behave just as well as you would on the server.

2. Use common sense when posting. Post according to the topic of the thread, do not spam, and read threads thoroughly before posting. Your post(s) may be deleted if you break this rule.

3. When making a thread:
- Make sure it's in the right section.
- Make sure no similar threads exist.
- If it contains a link, describe its contents. No linking to scams, malicious websites, or pirate sites.

4. Do not clutter the forums with senseless arguing and e-drama. That stuff is for SF or the complaints section.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:36 pm

thanks. that's a big help. looks more solid than the original, too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules 2.0   Rules 2.0 Empty

Back to top Go down