Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O, Sweet Memory

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Critical Tortoise
Scrub
Critical Tortoise

O, Sweet Memory Empty
PostSubject: O, Sweet Memory   O, Sweet Memory EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 1:04 am

AUTHOR’S NOTE: Ah, hello. Crit here. So I’ve been an active member of the community for a good bit now, I’d think... like a month and a half now, right? I don’t know, I’ve not been counting. Who has? Anyone? No one? No? Whatever, nobody gives a flying fish. Anyway, I thought it was high time I wrote a story. Please note that this story is not canon in any way. Basically, it will most likely contradict what happens in RP. The only thing that has any validity at all is the backstory of my character. Please note, I’ve also used other people’s active characters in the story, and I have decided their actions and such. Some characters may die. If you feel I’m not being true to your character if they are in the story, please let me know and I’ll try as best I can to fix my mistakes, though I won’t cater to your every whim either. Bottom line? It’s my story, none of this has any bearing on actual events. And thanks to those of you gracious enough to allow me to use your characters’ (butchered) likenesses. I’ll be starting a separated forum thread for comments. Anyway, that’s it. Enjoy the tale of Brenna Arrakis in...

O, Sweet Memory
An Olden Fantasy Novella
By Critical Tortoise

“Fire and memory. That’s what defines us. That’s what makes us human, what makes us intelligent. Two things that separate us from the birds and fish and bears, and two things I don’t have. Fire makes tools. Tools build cities, tools are industry and innovation. And memory, well... All animals have emotion. They feel pain. A dog is sad when his caretaker never interacts with him. A turtle is happy when she finds food. They make be base, maybe primal, but they are emotions nonetheless. But you see, Deven, what men and women have that they don’t is memory. When we die, there are others to remember us. When we are born, there are records. That is memory. You all have two things, Deven, and they are for what I am searching -- fire and memory.”
--Brenna Arrakis

CHAPTER ZERO
PROLOGUE

Dear Diary,

I keep having this dream.

I can never seem to remember all the details, but the basic gist of it is there: I’m running. running from what, I can’t tell, but it scares me every time. I know it’s horrible and I can’t bear to look. I just have to keep running.

I find myself in a village. Everyone is dead.

I can’t for the life of me figure out if it’s real or not, and every night I wake up screaming. I remember that time at the listening post near Argon, I was freaking everyone out with my screaming.

I just want it to stop, but no, my mind is stupid like that. It can’t tell that it’s not real, that I’m not actually going to die. I wish I could go there and tell it to get a grip, but it never will.

I’ve forgotten what I was writing about. I suppose I could look back up to the top of the page, but I always feel embarrassed doing that. I feel stupid. I can’t even remember the most basic facts.

So many I’s, but I don’t know who I am. How can that be? How did I lose my past? How can I even be standing here right now? I’m dead. Well, technically, I am. I don’t have a soul. At least, that’s what Volten said. I need to talk to him. I can’t figure out what I want to talk to him about though, but I just feel better around him. It’s like my brain is telling me I should go to him for things. I must admit, he does intrigue me. For as long as I can remember (which is only about two months, I admit) I’ve wanted to learn the magic arts. It’s all so fascinating, to learn how the world works. Science is just as amazing though. I just want to learn, yeah? Seeing as I don’t know much. I’m like a little girl in a woman’s body, almost.

It’s weird, really, how I keep finding myself drawn to him like that. I mean, there are, well, other men who have piqued my interest. Certain other man.

One man.

I remember when I first met him, I thought he was a blithering idiot. But I suppose he’s grown on me.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

O, Sweet Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: O, Sweet Memory   O, Sweet Memory EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 4:04 am

Critical Tortoise wrote:
AUTHOR’S NOTE: Ah, hello. Crit here. So I’ve been an active member of the community for a good bit now, I’d think... like a month and a half now, right? I don’t know, I’ve not been counting. Who has? Anyone? No one? No? Whatever, nobody gives a flying fish. Anyway, I thought it was high time I wrote a story. Please note that this story is not canon in any way. Basically, it will most likely contradict what happens in RP. The only thing that has any validity at all is the backstory of my character. Please note, I’ve also used other people’s active characters in the story, and I have decided their actions and such. Some characters may die.

Moved to fan fiction.
Back to top Go down
Talatandi
Scrub
Talatandi

O, Sweet Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: O, Sweet Memory   O, Sweet Memory EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:46 am

You should Finnish the story.
Back to top Go down
http://Facepunch.com
Sponsored content

O, Sweet Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: O, Sweet Memory   O, Sweet Memory Empty

Back to top Go down

O, Sweet Memory
Page 1 of 1