Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

United Provinces of Maalik

Go down 
+5
J. Jordan
wizered153
Venom OPS
Dominator046
noodle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

United Provinces of Maalik Empty
PostSubject: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Maalik, Land of Magic

Spoiler:

"Maalik is a peninsula protruding from the deep jungle of inner Sarkun, dotted by fortified, reclusive city-states ruled by the exiled Mage-Clans of Sida. Designed as magocracies, magical prowess is directly linked to social status." - The World of Aeria

Origins
Spoiler:

Culture
Spoiler:

The Arcaneum
Spoiler:

Of Treaties and Squabbles
Spoiler:

RP Notes
Spoiler:

City-States
Rashid

Spoiler:
If a city on a hill is one to make an example of, then Rashid is a city in a valley, surrounded by mountains. Theft and banditry run rampant in the areas around Rashid, whilst inside the city the corrupt prince, Sulaiman Perish IX rules the populace as a puppeteer over his puppets. The only feature worth noting of Rashid is the city's massive cemetery and crypt system, which make Rashid a popular destination for necromancers.

There are many outlying towns which are responsible for supplying Rashid with lumber and many products from trees like turpentine, pitch, and even latex.

Founded in the center of a large expanse of jungle, Rashid has been known to clash often with the reptilian Aranek causing a severe cultural disdain for the primitive species, often leading the in small scale wars against the native peoples of Sarkun. The Ha'drii too, are often persecuted by the Rashidites, rumoured to be parasites, causing a recent plague on the jungles surrounding Rashid. Leading to a large effort for the genocide of the Ha'drii race in the lands claimed by the peoples of Maalik.

RP Notes - Rashid wrote:
*** Refer to the RP Notes section of this page for general traits. ***
- Characters from this area will be more inclined to necromancy than those of other areas, not to say they cannot pursue other fields, but if one was to study necromancy here it would open more possibilities (Take note that necromancy is ILLEGAL in Surna.)

Atiya

Spoiler:
Whilst much of Maalik believe in nothing but their own power, the denizens of Atiya have constructed a mighty cathedral that reaches far into the sky, the Black Cathedral, as it is known, is the single largest monument to Shar in the known world. Atiya has become a safe-haven for vampires who arrive in droves to worship the Goddess of Darkness, and receive guidance from her beloved prophet, Thana Jalila.

A few human towns exist outside of the main city, which is predominantly populated by vampires. These towns serve as human 'farms' and as a feeding ground for the general populace.

Recieving divine guidance and magics from Shar, Thana Jalia rules over her city-state with a religious fervor. Blindly following Jalila, she uses them to fuel crusades against the followers of Aten, both in Sanctimonia and Sida. With belief that their immortality is a gift and should be acted upon, the Sharite vampires of Maalik take pride in developing their skills and using them in everyday life.

RP Notes - Atiya wrote:
- Atiya is a vampire settlement, and as such, any and all characters from Atiya are vampires. Mostly Sharite vampires. (Take note that being a vampire is ILLEGAL in Surna.)
- In response to the first point here, you many be thinking, "But there are human farms here right?" Yes, but if a rancher's cow gets lost, the rancher is going to hunt it down, right? Same with the humans. There is no escaping the human farms.

Qadir

Spoiler:
Qadir sits atop a large line of waterfalls, known collectively as the Falls of Tragedy. So named because of the countless slaves and sailors who lost their lives sailing carelessly into the gripping currents that feed the Falls. Of particular note is the good Sir Saleem, summoner of demons who utilizes their influence. to collect harsh taxes from the lowly peasant folk, either paid in gold or blood.

A few outlying towns exist in the city-state, however these are all but exempt from the heavy taxation and demonic tax-collectors of Saleem.

With an ever growing tiefling population, Qadir has become a safe haven for persecuted tieflings, if there were ever a place tieflings could call their own, Qadir would be it. With non-tiefling races still out numbering the tiefling population by nearly twenty to one, Qadir is far from being the tiefling state many tieflings long to be a part of.

RP Notes - Qadir wrote:
- Demon summoning is a common art among the mages here, and communion with demons, a large tiefling population exists here, and as such, this is the most logical city-state for Maalik Tieflings to come from. (Take note that demon-summoning is ILLEGAL in Surna.)
- If planning on having a tiefling from Maalik, Qadir would be the most logical birthplace.

Muhsin

Spoiler:
By far the wealthiest city in all of Maalik as the city is built atop a large gold deposit, but it's not just gold that is in large quantities. Slaves are as well, with the slave to citizen population as high as fifty slaves for every citizen, to quell any thoughts of a slave rebellion, the cognimancers of Muhsin work twenty-four seven keeping the slaves focused on mining and processing gold. In the center of the city is a Grand Palace, the largest household in Maalik, with floors and walls of the finest ivory, where white robed aristocrats lounge in the parlour and speak badly of their many wives.

During the War for Muhsin, brought on by the unifying tiefling mage, Muhsin was declared the new capital of the new federation, the tiefling was put atop the throne and rules alongside the six other leaders of the city-states, acting as one unified Maalik.

There are a few outlying mining towns outside of Maalik as the deposit stretches for several hundred miles in any direction of the city center.

RP Notes - Muhsin wrote:
- Now, Muhsin is a complicated story, its very possible that you could be wealthy, but by Sanctimonian standards most immigrants are upper middle class. They will hold themselves very highly.
- Polygamy is very much culturally acceptable in Muhsin, and is not illegal in Surna. But don't have more wives than you want PeriodRP and PerganancyRP.

Safiyyah

Spoiler:
About as far to the other side of the spectrum from Muhsin as you can get, where even the wealthy elite live in what would be considered a poor merchant's homes, with few natural resources, beggars fight over the smallest rodents and peddlers sell flasks of false Distilled Luck potions to the common man for small concentrations of coin. As of late an Álfar by the name of Lady Cassandra has made her way into town, promising protection to all who follow her.

Safiyyah has many outlying slum towns where children rummage through trash piles and bathe in tainted water.

The Álfar, Lady Cassandra, known to be a grand vitamancer, has become a goddess to the people of Safiyyah, similar to Thana Jalia in Atiya, the people are in a religious fervor, praising Ilmatyr for their salvation. Little is known about the mysterious 'goddess' who makes Safiyyah her home, but those who have been blessed by her claim that her beauty is transfixing and often sicken themselves to see her.

RP Notes - Safiyyah wrote:
- Characters from Safiyyah are the humblest of all Maalik characters. Keep in mind when you arrive in Surna you will be dirt-poor.

Fadilla

Spoiler:
The metropolis of Fadilla, an industrial paradise ruled over by the engineer-prince, Naji Qusay XII. The town is predominantly consisting of enchanters who produce advanced golems and engineers who craft intriguing weaponry and the like using advanced engineering processes.

Unlike most of the city-states Fadilla has no outlying towns, the whole of the city-state is within the walls of this massive city.

Utilizing the least magery, and developing their technology further, the inventions of the Fadillites far outshine those of even Occitan. In recent years, a golem of Fadillite design, has been popular in allowing swift and safe transportation around the city. These golems are similar in appearance to large birds, allowing riders travel by air over large distances. These golems are often purchased by the wealthy elite all over Fadilla and the rest of Maalik.

RP Notes - Fadilla wrote:
- Fadillans are accustomed to engineering, and are less accustomed to magic than the other denizens of Maalik. While enchanting and the production of war-golems makes up the majority of magic in Fadilla.

Aqil

Spoiler:
The city-state of Aqil, while being the largest city-state holds no purpose other than that of producing food and distributing it to the other city-states. It has no definite center or leader, however it is almost universally agreed that Chairman Essa, head of the Farmer's Union of Maalik is the genuine figurehead for all of Aqil.

Little history surrounds Aqil, they are the more docile of the Maalik city-states, not truely having a government or common culture, the poor who can make the trek to Aqil for work bring with them the ideals of their own city-states, making Aqil the most diverse of all the states.

RP Notes - Aqil wrote:
- Characters from Aqil will be very rare, I would not expect anyone to produce a character from this region, they are mostly busy with tending the farms. If you do make a character they will be dirt-poor.

Last edited by noodle on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

*Claps.*

Bravo, very much bravo. Much Approve.

Last edited by Dominator046 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:57 pm

Dom, ho only posted a crest and the description already present. Let's give him some time to actually do something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Okay, so Ive got the basic idea down. Leave ideas for anything I'm missing.
Back to top Go down
wizered153
Dedicated Poster
wizered153

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:07 am

Welp I've seen the only thing I think was missing fixed
MELVIN HOOVY APPROVES

Last edited by wizered153 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:35 am

*Added notes on how to RP from each of the city-states.*
Back to top Go down
J. Jordan
Almost-Member
J. Jordan

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:57 pm

United Provinces of Maalik Stamp-1
Back to top Go down
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:41 am

Over looking through, this is 100 percent kosher to my findings.
Acceptemente.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:18 pm

I like the idea of a new land but it's sort of hard to act like it has existed for eternity and somehow works itself into history.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Cakebread
Vengaboy
Cakebread

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Judge Gambit wrote:
I like the idea of a new land but it's sort of hard to act like it has existed for eternity and somehow works itself into history.

"Tirnan is a peninsula protruding from the deep jungle of inner Sarkun, dotted by fortified, reclusive city-states ruled by the exiled Mage-Clans of Sida. Designed as magocracies, magical prowess is directly linked to social status."

That part has been in it since i join i think, we'll just say it brought itself to attention recently because no one talked about it.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Judge Gambit wrote:

He based it off one of the existing lands in the lore. Expanded and so on. So it has existed, though, not for eternity, obviously.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 pm

*bumples*

EDIT: Once this page is accepted I will go more in depth about each city-state and the unique parts of all of them.
Back to top Go down
Venom OPS
Administrator
Venom OPS

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:48 pm

noodle wrote:
*bumples*

EDIT: Once this page is accepted I will go more in depth about each city-state and the unique parts of all of them.

I say do it now, it'll give more of a reason for approval.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/VenomOps
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 am

*Expanded on each city-states.*
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:04 am

I appreciate the further explanation of the city states. Maybe a map of some sorts can be created to dot where these cities are in Sarkun. Accept.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:08 am

BooM wrote:
I appreciate the further explanation of the city states. Maybe a map of some sorts can be created to dot where these cities are in Sarkun. Accept.

If I didn't suck at digital art, I might... Maybe I'll draw it on paper and make a scanning?
Back to top Go down
BooM
Archmage
BooM

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:17 am

Sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:17 am

*Pretty bad map added, looking for abetter replacement! Feel free to make one and send me the link to it.*
*Added Arcaneum lore*
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 am

Accepted. Some great stuff, well done. Right now, the only addition I could see might be interactions and rivalries between the city-states, and between the rest of the World.
Back to top Go down
noodle
Monthly Bather
noodle

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 am

Pat wrote:
Accepted. Some great stuff, well done. Right now, the only addition I could see might be interactions and rivalries between the city-states, and between the rest of the World.

Can do, bossman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United Provinces of Maalik   United Provinces of Maalik Empty

Back to top Go down

United Provinces of Maalik
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: The Librarium :: Regions & Nations :: Sarkun-
Jump to: