Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sacred Field

Go down 
+3
Kain
Dominator046
Overseer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Overseer
Scrub
Overseer

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 am

This is long overdue. Finish it, fix it, post it. There is no need for the senseless repetition of this information when we can just have it up for display.

Pat wrote:
The Sacred Field
The Sacred Field Kirlian+photo+of+a+palm

General Information
The Sacred Field is an incredibly dense matrix of energy that envelopes, permeates, and encapsulates a physical body, granting protection, animation, and immunities. The Sacred Field is at the core of all life and intelligence; neither could exist without the Sacred Field. The Sacred Field connects with and extends the soul; it is the soul.

The Sacred Field and Life
The vast majority of all souls originate in the vast, cataclysmic storm that lies deep within Aeria's heart; the World Storm. The formation of a child is not only a physical process, but also a deeply spiritual one. Through natural processes that occur for reasons that no mortal, alive or dead, or even most immortals cannot yet understand, energy from the World Storm gathers within the body of the growing child in a chaotic, unorganized sphere until, on the moment of birth, the child is imprinted with a vague replication of the mother's Sacred Field, which unites the varied energies within the child's body into the first rudimentary Sacred Field. The creation of an independent, though rudimentary, Sacred Field allows the child's body to hold form and act on it's own regard.

As a child grows, so too shall the Sacred Field, refining and growing along with the child. It takes nearly 15~ years for a Sacred Field to be finally said to be completed, meaning that children and teenagers will lack some of the advantages

oh damn, this one's a biggy. WIP because i'm a lazy bastard.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:52 am

Are you requesting it be finished and fixed?

But only Pat knows about this ; - ;
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Scrub
Overseer

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 6:06 am

Yes, that's why I put it here: so Pat won't run away or forget about it.

Loremaster, fix/complete this, do whatever must be done, and put it with the rest of the lore. This is of more immediate importantance than most of the other lore that needs to be completed.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:28 am

Krug wrote:
Are you requesting it be finished and fixed?

Not even going to lie, this looks fucking awesome (pardon my french btw), truth be told, I love the elaborate lore for the server, and I really wish that I could've had a hand in coming up with it, or perhaps pose bits and pieces; however, that's neither here nor there, what I mean to say is, that this server has an incredible amount of material that I find rich, utterly enthralling, and that manages to cover all its bases.

If you happen to read this Pat, I would love to see this finished. = )
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:11 am

they come for the ladies

but they stay for the lore

The Sacred Field Regpu
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Krug wrote:

Most oldfags and loremakers do, actually.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:39 pm

yeah, if you pay attention and have to deal with magic, sacred field is like one of the basic things to know about

magic works because sacred field

In fact, a lot of things work because sacred field. Pat and I had some talks over this, Xeloras has chipped his own bit in, so this Sacred Field lore will probably evolve into a full guide covering several topics. But yeah, this is good stuff, good to know for any character, really. Gives you an idea of how your character relates to the forces at work in the background.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Can't magic just be..

Magic?
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Zaku wrote:
Can't magic just be..

Magic?

No.
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:02 pm

The Sacred Field Magnets
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/1232513055
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Zaku wrote:
Can't magic just be..

Magic?

It is magic. You can throw fireballs, shoot lightning, lift objects, whatever you want to do with it. The Sacred Field is why magic works like this, and not "/me lifts you into the air and crushes your windpipe", something that could easily be justified if there was no Sacred Field. It prevents huge amounts of powergame.

Sometimes lore has to be detailed like this, so that instead of just saying "You can't do that because... you can't," we can say "You can't do that, and here's why..."
Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Don't listen to Munroe, he's lying and getting me pissed.

Miracles.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Gambit wrote:
Don't listen to Munroe, he's lying and getting me pissed.

Miracles.

Fuckin' magnets
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Zaku wrote:
Can't magic just be..

Magic?

Back to top Go down
Judge Gambit
"I am the Law"
Judge Gambit

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:12 pm

I believe you're starting a page stretching war.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Once this page is done I'd like a detailed explanation on molecular fusion in the Aeria universe.

And a comprehensive table of elements. If I remember correctly magnesium and helium no longer exist in the universe and I'd like some compensation.

And when you're done with that a page on evolution of microbiology might come in handy, you never know when someone might want to RP one of those pseudo-ecosystems.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Zaku wrote:
Once this page is done I'd like a detailed explanation on molecular fusion in the Aeria universe.

And a comprehensive table of elements. If I remember correctly magnesium and helium no longer exist in the universe and I'd like some compensation.

And when you're done with that a page on evolution of microbiology might come in handy, you never know when someone might want to RP one of those pseudo-ecosystems.

Fusion doesn't occur in Aeria's universe.

https://aeriaroleplay.rpg-board.net/t36-the-metals-of-aeria

Evolution COULD technically occur, but in Olden, all mortal bodies are designed systems. Cultural evolution can take place, though, as evidenced by the growth of the Goblins as a society.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:17 pm

The metals page doesn't explain why a new player was criticized for including magnesium in his character page.

Or why Omap couldn't have his airship be filled with helium.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Zaku wrote:
The metals page doesn't explain why a new player was criticized for including magnesium in his character page.

Or why Omap couldn't have his airship be filled with helium.

really man

does this even deserve a post

neh

i think not.

the goal is to be original, to make use of fantasy elements and make our own world. they were both thinking of real world things when they made their contributions, which is cool, totally normal, that's where it all starts. But after that, we try to integrate it into aeria and come up with something that's part of the fantasy world, not the real world.

the explanation doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to address all possible questions with an answer that's good enough.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 6:28 pm

The point I'm trying to make is, instead of writing lore that over complicates things (lore I'm sure most of us haven't even read) but we fall short on lore that's important. Only recently was Sanctimonia given any true explanation. Think from an outside perspective, no new players want to be introduced to a community that requires they read page after page of redundancy and that's why this community barely holds onto any newer members.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:06 pm

not really

the community kept falling apart because it bickered too much on pointless things, people got butthurt, made rash decisions, and you're left with people that have known each other for a long time but hold dumb grudges over dumb internet things, all of which never really settled until some peacemakers are willing to show up and take some heat for the sake of the general good of the community

also, most lore already exists, it just needs to be put down on the forums. this is all happening right now, all at once.

furthermore, I think the fact that all the good members that come, stay, and compliment us on our fleshed-out lore are telling us that we're doing something right, not wrong

Quote :
Zaku
Annual Bather

you need to bathe more often
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Kain wrote:
the community kept falling apart because it bickered too much on pointless things, people got butthurt, made rash decisions, and you're left with people that have known each other for a long time but hold dumb grudges over dumb internet things, all of which never really settled until some peacemakers are willing to show up and take some heat for the sake of the general good of the community

I don't know who you are to denounce other people's issues with the community as 'dumb internet things' -- furthermore, it's laughable that you think any member in this community stepped in to play peacemaker and sooth everyone's wounds. If by some godly intervention Olden was cured of all it's community ailments then I must be in the wrong community. The only recent development that has actually made Olden a better place was having Pat finally step down from supreme overscrub (Not that Pat is by any means what is wrong with this community), but I'm starting to think there are a few other administrators with their heads further up their own asses.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Zaku wrote:
Kain wrote:

I don't know who you are to denounce other people's issues with the community as 'dumb internet things' -- furthermore, it's laughable that you think any member in this community stepped in to play peacemaker and sooth everyone's wounds. If by some godly intervention Olden was cured of all it's community ailments then I must be in the wrong community. The only recent development that has actually made Olden a better place was having Pat finally step down from supreme overscrub (Not that Pat is by any means what is wrong with this community), but I'm starting to think there are a few other administrators with their heads further up their own asses.

I'm sorry Zaku, did that gif hurt your feelings? I can take it down if you like.

Also thanks Kain, that annual bather quip reminded me that it's shower time.
Back to top Go down
Kain
Vengaboy
Kain

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 pm

right

thank you for reminding me that this is childish

i'm not doing this, zaku
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Yeah, I'm just gonna lock this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sacred Field
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aeria Roleplay :: The Librarium :: Suggestions-
Jump to: