Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Belnan 'Fist' Droverson

Go down 
+4
PhoenixRhapsody
Hyperiant
Munroe
Pear
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pear
Scrub
Pear

Belnan 'Fist' Droverson Empty
PostSubject: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:11 am

Belnan 'Fist' Droverson Fisticon4

Belnan 'Fist' Droverson Fist3

Name: Belnan Droverson
Race: Human
Place of Birth: Sword Coast?

Rough Biography:
Fist, at some point or another, joined up with James Blackheart and his crew of pirates. He serves as the captain's personal bodyguard, eagerly punching whatever the boss tells him to. Currently in Surna under the cover as merchants while they offload cargo, recruit new members, and take some shore leave.

Skills:

-Magic: Fist probably doesn't even know what magic is, or that people can control it. It would be impossible for him to learn the simplest of abilities.

-Ranged: Fist could probably fire a crossbow or a pistol without shooting himself. No chances of hitting a target though, unless it were point blank. He has no clue how to use a bow.

-Swords: If needed, Fist could swing a sword without losing a limb, and probably hit what he's aiming at in the process. He just doesn't like to use them.

-Unarmed: Fist likes his fists. They're big, solid, and have a good amount of weight and strength to them. In terms of strength, he could probably break a man's jaw in a single punch. He relies on large, heavy blows, which a spry opponent could probably sidestep. Of course, he's at least smart enough to try and grab said smaller spry opponent before attempting a second time to try and punch their teeth out. The only thing that keeps Fist from punching anything that looks punchable is the boss's orders.

Gear:

Mostly whatever the captain gives him access to from the ship, but specifically:

-Scale buffcoat
-Silver sword
-Pair of silver "brass" knuckles (probably useless in combat)

[Unfinished]

Fist is a huge brawler type, with little to no intellect. Due to his large amount of strength and determination to punch whatever he can, I figured this would need approval. I'll iron out more of his backstory, such as if he is actually from the Sword Coast or not.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:12 pm

I think his powerful punches and propensity to throw them is balanced out by the fact that he's slow (in mind and body) and doesn't wield any weapons or magic.

So, I'll accept this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:44 pm

For what it's worth I think this is a fine character and definitely a unique character.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant
Vengaboy
Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Munroe wrote:
I think his powerful punches and propensity to throw them is balanced out by the fact that he's slow (in mind and body) and doesn't wield any weapons or magic.

So, I'll accept this.
I accept this for essentially the same reasons. He has good drawbacks while still being powerful enough to be useful.

And his theme is pretty kickin'.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Tryhard
Munroe

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:24 am

Moving. Objections?
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:40 am

I only object to the silver sword. The likely hood of a pirate that does not even like using a sword using a silver sword is likely next to nil. Maybe a regular sword, but not silver. That would be too valuable to a pirate captain to give to someone he thinks won't use it.

Otherwise, great (Crath-like) character.
Back to top Go down
Dominator046
Senior Wizard
Dominator046

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 am

I like this character, I would definitely let him thrash my dudes in a fist fight (well, Adahn might put up a pretty good fight, but nevertheless), and it's good to see something pretty unique, and lesser equiped like. = )

I'm not sure about a silver sword, but the Silver Brass Knuckles I feel is a GREAT touch. Silver is actually a very hard metal (which is why it makes crap bullets), so it would make effective knuckles, it could harm specters and other baddies (I would love to see him go Solomon Kane and wrestle a ghost), and be something of like a treasure to him. Considering his abilities, I definitely thing most of this is good.

So, your silver brass knuckles are probably a very reliable weapon, and don't require much metal to make, making them perfect. Perhaps something of a steel cutlass though instead of the silver sword? Oh well, either way, silver sword or not, I think this is a great character; boss man is probably too scared of this guy to ask for it back = P
Back to top Go down
Pat
Administrator
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:29 am

Most silver weapons wouldn't be pure silver, but coated steel.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixRhapsody
Vengaboy
PhoenixRhapsody

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:43 am

Pat wrote:
Most silver weapons wouldn't be pure silver, but coated steel.

I still don't think it is feasible for a captain to give that weapon to a pirate that uses his fist. I understand that the sword may not be entirely made of silver, but hell if it would not be expensive. I love the character in every other way though. Keep them coming Pear.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Administrator
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:35 am

Autoplay- denied.

No not really.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Dedicated Poster
Markka

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:34 am

Dumbdumbs. Just make sure he won't go all Koolaid Man on everything. Oh, and I really like the theme. Catchy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belnan 'Fist' Droverson   Belnan 'Fist' Droverson Empty

Back to top Go down

Belnan 'Fist' Droverson
Page 1 of 1